File Size: 711 KB
Print Length: 458 pages
Publisher: Magnetic Lion Productions;
2nd edition (June 1, 2011)
Seven Point Eight
The most powerful number in the universe
The number that connects everything.
It is time to wake up….
A physicist begins a quest to measure the soul but soon finds himself drawn into the world of the enigmatic Max Richardson, where research is sold to the military at the highest bid. However, he soon discovers another purpose when an extremely talented young psychic enters his life. He devises a project and builds a team to stretch the frontiers of exploration, only to make a reality-shattering discovery…
Written in the style of a TV series, The First Chronicle is the beginning of a 5 part epic which follows the spiritual and emotional journey of five people; their quest to understand the universe and our place within it.
Quantum physics meets spirituality in a tale which begins in the 1940s, unfolds during the 1960s; an era of social and spiritual transformation and reaches its conclusion in the modern age.
It interweaves the human dramas of love, betrayal, bitterness and above all, courage in a world where everyone must face their own dark shadow.
For fans of the paranormal, big sweeping epics, metaphysics, science fiction, Lost, Fringe, contemporary fantasy, alternate realities and new age/spirituality.
It’s also highly suited to Young Adult readers, who like sci-fi along with their paranormal, or those who like a more challenging read.
Content guidance: Suitable for readers aged 15 and over. Sexual scenes are suggestive as opposed to explicit. Some references to psychedelic drugs.
- What interests you in life?
- Exploring and being a part of something bigger
- Science, technology
- Music, art, creative self-expression
- Nice house, stylish cars and fine clothes
- Making a difference, doing something fantastic to benefit others
- If you’re attracted to someone, how would you pursue them?
- Pull out all the stops and use all your powers of seduction
- The natural approach; strike up conversation and see where it goes
- The romantic approach; write or sing a beautiful song
- Splash out on gifts and fine dining
- I must admit, I’ve been hurt before so I’m quite wary on an emotional level
- What are your key strengths?
- Courage, passion, determination
- Intelligence, ability to solve problems
- Creative and artistic
- Leadership, persistence, cool headedness
- Cooperation, compassion
- Which ability would you prefer to be gifted with?
- To see any place or time in the world
- Intellectual genius
- To speak with the dead
- To be able to make a lot of money easily
- Surprise me!
- What is the purpose of special abilities?
- To yield power over others
- Success and recognition
- They’re just a curse
- To make money
- To help others
- What would others say are your key faults?
- Can be manipulative and controlling
- Not thinking things through properly, hasty
- Can be cocky at times, a loner
- Possessive, too obsessed with things
- Too trusting at times
Marie Harbon has worked in both the retail and fitness industry. She has a degree in sport and fitness and taught group exercise for several years before settling into a post delivering BTEC Sport courses for two years. Since then, she has instructed dance with children and has decided to focus on writing as her main career.
She wrote her first novel length story at the age of twelve and has written on and off subsequently, evolving her style and literary maturity. ‘Seven Point Eight’ began life as a short story in the early nineties and was later developed into a full five part series of books. Work on ‘The Second Chronicle’ has already begun.
Marie has two children and lives with her son and four guitars in the town of Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, which is in England. She divides her time between writing novels and scripts, making things, teaching and being a mum. Her vice is fabric and she creates bags, corsets and clothes in the vintage and retro style.
WHAT REVIEWERS ARE SAYING: