Kubota’s 10 Commandments of Tractor Safety for Kids:
- Stop, look and listen when playing outside, especially on the farm, and always be aware of your surroundings.
- Farm equipment is not safe to ride on even when an adult is present.
- Tractors are not toys. They are powerful machines only to be used by adults who are thoroughly familiar with the equipment.
- Children should never ride on a tractor, a tractor only has one seat and that seat is intended for the operator. Just say *no* if someone wants to give you a ride. It is not safe to be a rider when the tractor is intended for one operator.
- Stay out of the path of all moving equipment. And, stand far away from a tractor when it is being started; when it is running; and especially when it is working.
- Never stand behind a tractor – whether it is running or not – because the operator might not see you and you could get hurt.
- Be a “safety first sheriff” and encourage use of seatbelts for your entire family. Just like in a car, a tractor is equipped with a seatbelt for safety. Additionally, a Roll Over Protection Structure (ROPS) on a tractor is in place to protect the driver.
Ten Commandments of Tractor Safety” coloring book
Kubota youth-size t-shirt
Kubota youth-sized baseball cap